Happy Earth Day!
This easy Earth Day craft is the perfect activity for kids of any age. All you will need is a coffee filter, green and blue washable markers, and a spray bottle filled with water. You don’t have to just create the Earth, let your imagination go wild and use a variety of different colors.
What you will need:
- Coffee filters
- Washable markers (blue and green)
- A spray bottle
- A baking sheet (optional)
1. Color the coffee filter with the blue and green marker. As we picked out the markers, we talked about how the Earth is made up of land and water. I let him color all over the coffee filter, no neat lines or structure. He used his imagination to create his own “land” forms and oceans.
2. For this step, we went outside to decrease the mess! We sprayed the coffee filter with water, on top of a baking sheet to keep the dirt off. If you do not have a baking sheet handy, that’s alright, the ground works just as well! We sprayed the coffee filter until the colors began to spread and combine.
3. Last, but not least, lay the coffee filter out to dry!
And just like that, your kiddo has created their own version of the planet Earth!
We hope you enjoy and would love to see your Earth Coffee Filter creations!
XO Kate & Elizabeth